Installation for version 1.07
The DQA has been designed to use a minimum essential requirements in order to operate on a large number of platforms. The following requirements reflect the minimum necessary to operate the DQA, but in practice more resources may be required in order to operate DQA with large datasets.
- Java: Version 1.6 or greater
- Apache Tomcat (or other compatible java web server): Tomcat 6.0 or greater
- Memory: At least 192 MB dedicated
- Database: MySQL, Oracle, or PostGres
- Minimum disk space when installed (space for MySQL and Java not included): 7MB
- Get database scripts:
- If needed, remove old DQA tables
Run initial_v1_drop_tables.sql to drop old DQA tables.
- Set DQA admin password
Modify the initial_v1.sql to set local DQA admin password. Search initial_v1.sql for the phrase "dqa_admin" and locate the SQL insert statement that inserts both the username and password. Change the password "changeme" to one you would prefer to use.
- Run database upgrade scripts. Commit.
- Build or get WAR file
To build the war file, follow the directions under the Developer Guide. Once you have a war file continue the instructions below.
- Deploy WAR file
- Login to configuration panel
Login into application at the /config URL using the admin username 'dqa_admin' and the password you set above. You should see a list of supported applications.
- Click on the Report Template of the application you are configuring to support. Copy the applications default template definition in the Report Definition box and then click update report template. Report definitions can be found here:
- Set running application
Under the Applications table, select the application that you are configuring for and click Switch.
- Configure import/export folders
Click on Settings from the floating menu on the right. Set and enable instance specific settings such as the base folder for input files.
- View status
Click on Status from the floating menu to verify operation of the DQA.
- Install MySQL
- Download initial database script initial_v1.07.sql from here: All MySQL Scripts
- Edit create-user.sql script to indicate the correct username and password you would like to use. Run using command: mysql -u[admin username] -p[password] < create-user.sql
- Run initial database script: mysql -u[admin username] -p[password] [databasename] < initial_v1.07.sql
PostGres scripts are found here: PostGres Scripts
- Install Java RE 1.6 or later.
- Install Apache Tomcat.
- Download DQA application from here: DQA Application download. Save this in the webapps directory of Tomcat.
- Ensure Apache Tomcat is running.