Before releasing a new version of the Simple Message Mover it must be tested to ensure that it works with all IIS that it is currently labeled to support.
For every IIS connection that SMM is configured to support perform the following tests:
- Test with message known to succeed. Verify connection can be made and data transmitted.
- Test with message with a known data content error, such as missing first name. Verify message is listed as rejected and interface continues to operate normally.
- Fix data error and resubmit.
- Test with message with a problem in the message header that is known to cause an overall message processing exception unrelated to content. Verify message is rejected appropriately.
- Fix header error and resubmit.
- Change credentials on account and very that SMM registers a problem.
- Repair the credentials and submit test message successfully.